|Your full e-mail address
|Use the email account’s password.
IMAP, POP3, and SMTP require authentication.
- IMAP email access coordinates between the server and your mail application. Messages that have been read/deleted/replied to will show up as such, both on the server and in the mail application.
- Most people prefer IMAP these days because that syncs e-mails across all devices where the account is set up.
- Using IMAP requires that you actively manage the space that is allocated to your account by deleting messages that you don’t need anymore (including emptying the “trash” folder)
- POP3 does not coordinate with the server. Messages marked as read/deleted/replied to in the mail application will not show up as such on the server (or other devices).
- Outgoing mail is sent using SMTP.
- We recommend using POP3 over SSL/TLS or IMAP over SSL/TLS since they provide increased security for your interactions with the remote mail server.